Forum: Bryce

Subject: Who uses bryce for landscape images anyway?

Tirjasdyn opened this issue on Aug 11, 2002 ยท 53 posts

Stephen Ray posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 10:21 PM

<< Why try to force a program to be different. >> As an artist it's in ones nature to push a program to the extreme. It comes with understanding and developing ones abilities and talents. As for trying to push the software developer to make it something it is not, is ludicrous in my opinion. Trying to force them to implement things it was not designed for will only ruin it IMO. For those who think that some how they can implement all the tool sets needed for it to be a nurb and spineline modeler and it still have the easy to use, are mistaken. Modeling programs require many various tool sets and with them come steep learning curves. Implementing them into Bryce will mean rewriting the code and that means bugs..bugs...bugs. For those who want Bryce to be a modeling program, I say break down and buy your self a modeling program, Rhino, EIU, Carrara or one of the others. Believe me you won't regret it. Besides if they were to put full sets of modeling options into Bryce it will jack the price up to what Rhino or EIU cost now, and it wouldn't be half as good. I say keep developing it for what it is now, and let us push it to the extremes, for what we want to create with it. Tuttle said what I think ( give us proper grass and foliage and forests and routines for easy snow, beaches, etc. ) ...Give us more landscape options...

Stephen Ray