Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lighting Project: Finally figured it out for P4

PheonixRising opened this issue on Aug 15, 2002 ยท 18 posts

PheonixRising posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 7:51 AM

The body texture was done by Micah. He did a great job. They had a cool photo shoot with a professional model and photographer. In this image,of grey concrete outside my house,I used the eyedropper to pick up colors and then made them brighter to show the hue they actually cast. White light doesn't really exist in the real world. The sun casts yellow and the sky reflects blue. This is why things in shadows outside are bluish, yellow in the sun, and almost greenish in between. What computer lights fail to recreate the subtle hue cast by the sky at all times and thus what is perceived as neutral outdoor lighting. Artificial lighting casts yellow. That is why I think there are so many yellow textures. It looks right in the photo but off in Poser. This is made worse my over saturation from photography. That is why instant fixes in most photo software shift the hue bluish. Blue neutralizes orange. In fashion photography, blue and pink gels are often used to soften the notorious orange and green hues found in various lighting. Pink neutralizes green. The lighting in the render is white but has minute hints of pale blue to prevent the global shadows from deepening or enhancing green tones that become noticible when magnified through the shadows. In the real world a fire engine in brighter red in bright light. In a renderer it often becomes pink. Hope this helps someone. Ignore the typos. My typing is sloppy. :)

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer