Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 4, slowed down.

HOTexas opened this issue on Mar 09, 2000 ยท 16 posts

Quikp51 posted Fri, 10 March 2000 at 4:00 PM

Well if it bad memory you will get error across the board not just in Bryce. I have had Bryce do this several times since I bought it and it has something to do with two things. One Bryce sets aside swappable space within it's program folders and if scenes / objects get opened , changed or saved too many times Bryce slows down alot to access this data. One thing I did to resolve this was to delete all my previously saved scenes and objects , only if you have a final of your scene though - don't delete this if you're still working on it. Two , Windows allocates swappable virtual drive space. It usually is set on auto and uses almost all your current drives empty space. You can set this to about 1 gig or half your current drive space. This sometimes forces Bryce to virtually swap memory more efficiently. I also de-fragged and things went back to normal and as a last resort re-installed Bryce. All these things worked for me and I doubt your memory is bad or you'd get tons of "vcache.vxd errors" on any application exceeding about 256-512kb of memory.