Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question for those of you that sell ART Prints here at Renderosity

HORNO opened this issue on Aug 15, 2002 ยท 10 posts

ChuckEvans posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 8:54 PM

I tried to take a look at your work, but, alas, there is not gallery for you. I'm sure you have your reasons. But to comment on your question...I see no reason why photograhy shouldn't sell as well as Poser/3d stuff. Maybe "straight" photography isn't as, hmmmmm, "open" as the so-called 3d stuff you see there. By open, I mean dealing, in some cases, with surealism. While this is touted as a community of artists, I would certainly think that people in search of buying art would somehow find their way to this site. Assuming i am correct, then those buyers could be looking for a variety of items to buy. I looked at eric's thread and see a theme on price. I would agree that the items offered here are of high quality, but lots of times, people want a poster-grade piece of art for a range of $20-$35 (American). They slap an economical frame on it and perhaps some glass and have a nice piece for their house at a reasonable cost. IMHO, most anyone else would looking at that price range would be people interested in contracting for work. But what do I know?