Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else overwhelmed by the Poser Gallery?

terminusnord opened this issue on Aug 16, 2002 ยท 43 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:48 AM

I think categories would be a good idea. And a somewhat dangerous idea as well. You see, if all you look at is Nude Vickies, you might never see any of the really good pictures where sometimes the only difference is that the figures wear clothes. I once posted the same image to both the Poser gallery and to the Mixed medium, and you know what? The mixed Medium did't get any hits, (well almost) whereas the one in the Poser gallery had a lot more hits. So I guess that's why peeps post to the Poser gallery: To get hits. The thumbnails mentioned is also an issue. When I started posting I made my thumbnails just miniatures of the full image. However, when I started cropping out the "interesting" parts instead, the hitrate went up. Personally I would like the thumbnails to be a real thumbnail of the image instead of a crop, but I'm not changing mine as long as I'm the only one to do so. Why not do it as Renderotica does? They make the thumbnail from the picture so all you upload is the full sized picture. This way there will be no "cheating" with cropped thumbnails. Also it's peculiar how thumbnails that contains breasts, or titles the include "NUDITY" seems to get a helluva lot more hits than pictures without nudity. Peeps: Go to Renderotica if all you care about is nekkid women.... that was 2 e from me I guess ;o) ~TrekkieGrrrl a.k.a ernyoka1

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.