Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else overwhelmed by the Poser Gallery?

terminusnord opened this issue on Aug 16, 2002 ยท 43 posts

milamber42 posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 9:13 AM

I think FaerieGurl and the rest of you have a good idea, but I do not agree with splitting up the Poser gallery by [Poser:Bryce] [Poser:Vue], etc. Part of the problem is due to the gallery descriptions.

Poser Gallery description:

This gallery is primarily for images rendered within Poser itself. Images of Poser figures rendered in other applications are still welcome, but what's the challenge in that? See how well you can do using it's basic rendering tools!

Mixed Medium description:

This gallery is for Renderosity members to display their original Mixed Medium (created with more than one program or tool) images for review, critique and feedback by other Renderosity members.

The description of the Poser gallery is broad to allow images with a Poser basis (i.e. staged in Poser, then exported and rendered in Bryce, etc.) to be allowed, but what about postwork?

We all know that postwork is necessary to fix some defects in renders, but when an image has a description stating "heavy postwork" or "figure rendered in Poser, clothes, hair, and the rest Photoshop", the image is more Photoshop than Poser.

When the majority of the final image is not the result of Poser, does it really belong in the Poser gallery? By the descriptions of the galleries, it belongs in the Mixed Medium gallery.

crawling back into my hole now