Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Let's hear it for Eirian and Rubio

crisjon1950 opened this issue on Aug 18, 2002 ยท 35 posts

squiddy posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 1:14 AM

is this a quick and shameless plug for those products or what? i like the dress and shoes too, but i'm not crazy about this render. the figure is slapped onto the backdrop, seems about 15 feet tall in context, and that pose..........is she a giant 1950's sci-fi robot? seems like we should hear gears clicking when her arms and neck move. the background really does not work with the figure in any way that i can identify. she is not convincingly in the scene, she looks very obviously alpha-channeled on top of a sickenly blurred and skewed backdrop photograph. the blurriness is not convincing of bokah either, it looks more like garden-variety lack-of-focus or too much upscaling in photoshop. next, the shadows of the render don't match the background in strength, length or direction. the depth of field is off too; her feet are in sharp focus, but the ground just beneath them is out of focus and smeared. It also appears to be a dichondra of heretofore unparalleled shortness. my opinion as a 3d artist and photographer is that if you're trying to mix the two, you have to try harder than this and pay attention to the smallest of details. Otherwise you get a piece like this, which is an obvious and unconvincing collision of two unlike media. mixing photo and render is not an easy thing to do ever, and probably not worth doing at all if you don't intend to do it carefully. ...sQuiddY...