Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Let's hear it for Eirian and Rubio

crisjon1950 opened this issue on Aug 18, 2002 ยท 35 posts

crisjon1950 posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 10:04 PM

Wow, there has certainly been much contributed to this discussion. I do appreciate all the support and Constructive Criticism. Let me define Constructive Criticism as I see it, and as it is defined in the dictionary (paraphrased by me.) "You have a nice render here, however, here are some items you might consider improviing." By using those words, you let the artist know that there are some things to fix, and that you are trying to be helpful and respectful. It is really a very simple concept, and I just wish more people understood and practiced Constructive Criticism. I do not intend to transform this work. The Blunt Cut hair should stand on its own. If it does not, then the product is not good enough. The texture, dress and character are just fine. Most likely my choice of lighting was not good enough. However, in my own defense, I used the lighting that was allegedly designed for this task, using Nerd's backdrop tool. I merely wanted to highlight the work of some great artists. I wasn't out to create a masterpiece, and don't apologize for that. I had used a pose from a set that I bought, and had tweaked it a bit to look better. It was very hard to find a pose from that set that I was entirely happy with, so I went with what looked the best. I am torn right now between different priorities or wishes. One is to do some of my own art, with my own characters. That also involves featuring my Marlin Fingle characters in a "comic strip" on my own web site. The other desire is to somehow give back to the community by helping others to see the fine work created by artists, merchants, and providers of Free Stuff. I do apologize that my less than perfect render cast any negative light on any of the artists involved. My first inclination was to feature Allie in a render with no background or set. Then I remembered that many people suggest that is a "lazy way out." So I chose the backdrop. Here is my original render. It looks better I hope, but maybe some problems yet remain? I'm not "paying tribute" here. I am just saying I like these products, and others might be interested in them. I'm under no obligation to "do a masterpiece," and I don't dishonor anyone by doing what I do. I have two web sites going, featuring Tutorials, Freebies, and am attempting to let others know of the wonderful Poser resources out there. If my work is substandard, and I am indeed insulting those I attempt to support, then perhaps I should indeed retire, and leave this work to the experts.