Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another heads up

SnowSultan opened this issue on Sep 05, 2002 ยท 29 posts

rwilliams posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 7:07 PM

To steal any part of someones work is wrong! Even if you used someone elses texture as a template to design your own texture, and covered every area with your own, you would be stealing even though no visible part of the texture would remain. It would be wrong. That wasn't my point. My point was that some texture maker(s) are compulsive about looking for their work in other peoples offerings to the point of having a psychological problem. If they didn't act like that I would own their textures. But I refuse to buy a texture that ends up as a witchhunt every time it is posted in a piece of artwork. I feel sorry for soemone that spends so much valuable life-energy fighting a battle with a ghost that can not be beaten. They should get over it already and enjoy creating and profiting from their art. If they believe they are making more from all this effort, they truely do need their mind examined. This is just my opinion. Sorry if it varies from anyone elses opinion. But I have been there, done that, and learned that it doesn't pay. Life is too short for all the negative emotions.