Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free utility to clear up incorrect file references! Soon!

hogwarden opened this issue on Sep 06, 2002 ยท 27 posts

hogwarden posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 12:41 PM

Hiya... Yes... CorrectReference lets you select which textures folder you want it to search for files in as in the second picture I posted... it can be anywhere on your machine, but it must be in the form "textures/runtime/...". The app finds all such folders on your machine when it is launched. Currently it only corrects to ":runtime:textures:etc" but I will add the ability to prefer "C:poserruntimeetc" explicit paths as I have in PBooost. JH... This is something primarily intended for PBooost users whose incorrect references are causing folder locks and restricting PBooost. Rather than adding the utility to PBooost and causing everyone to update again I thought a basic, specific freebie with no bells and whistles was called for. This will not do anything else but correct file references in one hit. As for unfound files... When the scan/correction is complete, I'll have a box come up which allows you to set all those references... or you can chose to change all unfound references to "NO_MAP". Phoenixamon... Yep! I'd gone down the route that incorrect references were causing the folder locks, but my experiments with corrected files hadn't solved the problem... I was incorrectly correcting! So you put me back onto the right track... Ta! And about multiple files with the same name... ... I'm not sure what to do about this... Part of me thinks that everyone should name their texture maps like this "HogwardenVickyHeadTex01.jpg" so multiples aren't an issue. But that ain't going to happen!! I should have a function to scan for multiply named files and change the names... but then the file pointers will be wrong! Ag. Need to think about it more. Howard:)