Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free utility to clear up incorrect file references! Soon!

hogwarden opened this issue on Sep 06, 2002 ยท 27 posts

Allen9 posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:41 PM

Well Howard, I have ALL my textures in a whole series of categorized subfolders under D:Textures. That's the way I set them up when I just had Bryce and didn't have Poser, and when I did get Poser I just changed references (manually) as I installed everything - so all textures would be in the same area and I would not have to go chasing textures in the usual Poser maze when trying to import to Bryce, where I do ALL my rendering. It always irritated the hell out of me that if you started with the usual ...runtimetextures location you were already 6 folders deep in a path before setting up ANY texture folders - I HATE pointlessly long paths to anything. I have a feeling there are quite a few others who might have done things somewhat similarly. I would suggest that it would be really helpful if you would set up the program so that we could enter a substitute for .......................runtimetextures as a preference so it would ALWAYS go to the alternate location to look for textures, otherwise it would be completely useless to someone like me. I also suggest this as an added preference choice for Pboost too.