Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Statement

Kosmokrat opened this issue on Sep 06, 2002 ยท 77 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 3:28 PM

(shrug)... As a Linux Freak who went out of way to ditch a pre-installed copy of Win XP on his laptop in favor of Win2k because of XP's activation spyware and BS, I'm still buying Poser 5 with no hesitation. Why? Because: 1) I have nothing to hide. I want absolute proof sitting on file with Curious Labs that I'm not a warez kitten, unlike more than a couple of users prolly are. No accusations at anyone in this thread, just stating a basic fact. To clarify: I strongly suspect that the reason some folks won't go to P5 is because they warezed P4, and are secretly hoping that a P5 crack becomes available real soon. Again, no accusations are to be made against any individual in this thread, period. 2) P5 != Operating System. If this registration thingy fails and causes Poser to crash and burn, I'm not out a boatload of data, like XP users would be. 3) I'd trust Curious Labs a HELL of a lot more than I'd trust Microsoft. 4) If you think P5's registration routine is bad, try getting your mitts around setting up a legal copy of 3DS Max, Inventor, Maya, Lightwave, Shake, or other high-end proggies... P5 is a complete kitten to register by comparison, and there's no hardware dongle to lose. 5) How many folks here use Windows XP, Office 2k/XP, etc? ALL of those require the same damned process to activate, yet I'm willing to wager that a few of those who complain about P5 are using Windows XP right now! /P