Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Statement

Kosmokrat opened this issue on Sep 06, 2002 ยท 77 posts

EricofSD posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 7:43 PM

No one denies CL the right to protect their stuff. The hassle may end up being less than we think, time will tell. I didn't want to shell out for a HD until end of the year, but I'm going to try and get one this weekend (I don't live in a town where computer parts can be bought, have to mail order or take a weekend drive to get stuff) Here's one bright side to it all. If the protection works, and the legitimate buyers find themselves exclusively in a community competing with other legitimate buyers, then this could be a plus for the end user. Imagine loosing out on a contest, etc, to someone who has a warez version. Right now anyone can throw out art in P3 cuz I think that was finally made available on a magazine some time ago. Almost anyone can throw out art made in Poser cuz if you don't have it, some guy in Russia probably has a free crack download. Not anyone can throw out P5 art, cuz not anyone can get it. Only those who choose to make the investment. I believe that if this scheme works, the community will be better off. Our investments will be protected. The software will have value. If the scheme fails, then I don't want to be hassling with it any more and I hope CL will release a patch that bypasses it. So don't worry, be happy. Have another Corona. Oh, as for some of the other comments, CL has been active in this community and shown that they do care. The upgrade pricing is a blessing. I see a good wholsome company in their professional and timely responses. Grouchy as I may be from time to time, CL does get my vote of confidence. As for CL going down in the future, well, all things are possible, but I for one think that P5 can vault them into a more pro arena and that only means future success.