Forum: Writers

Subject: Another poem

Knot4u opened this issue on Sep 07, 2002 ยท 12 posts

Crescent posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 8:11 PM

I'm assuming you're human, that's as far as I'll go .... ;-) I have to admit, I didn't understand what you were trying to convey in the poem. The stanzas were well done on a technical level, but I'm sitting here wondering if it's sleep deprivation or idiocy on my part that is blocking the meaning. I think stanza three is what really lost me: Soft-spoken words are heaven sent Hearts transgressions,I should repent How wickedly fate does master Plunged head long towards disaster Is this a "love 'em and leave 'em" type who found someone they want to marry? Is this someone who is trying to decide between wooing and robbing that forbidden fruit? Everyone else seems to understand your poem, so I get to be the obligatory village idiot here. (Every village has to have one.) My personal opinion - which is probably wrong - is that you need to be a little more explicit for us single digit IQ types. Again, on a technical level, your skill blows me away, and I've really enjoyed your poems so far. I even enjoyed this one, even though I'm scratching my head in confusion. Cheers!