Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser artists

Tisa opened this issue on Sep 10, 2002 ยท 55 posts

thip posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:09 AM

Tisa - to take your own examples of artists, none of them were considered great artist in their early days. To take their reputations one by one : o Bosch - odd o Constable - just a good landscape renderer (not an artist) o Dali - a show-off fraud o Monet - an unskilled hack (the term "impressionist" was a derogatory term at first) All of them became "recognized" as great artists later on as their skills improved and tastes changed - or should we say "declared" ? Who knows where among the present R'osity artists we'll find tomorrow's greats? This is-it-art discussion pops up regularly on the Forum. Noone has produced a workable definition of "art" yet. Until someone does, the only effect of the discussion is to make a lot of picture makers just a bit less happy with their hobby. As someone who loves to look at images (art or not), I wish the discussion pro and con art could be put on hold until we can agree on what we're talking about. Just my 0.2 Euros - I'm off the soapbox, put down the tomatoes ;o)