Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OK 'Fess up if you've had poser 5 crash on you....

maclean opened this issue on Sep 11, 2002 ยท 38 posts

pdxjims posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:54 PM

Got it at 3:00. Finally finished installing and registering at 3:30 (played a lot of Solitare). Two tried to register. Crashed the first time at 4:00 when I tried to open an existing file (and yes, I did the libraries correctly). Restarted it and it worked on the file. Did a cancel in the cloth room, and wound up with a gray square that wouldn't go away until I killed it manually. I've had to kill it a couple of more times when it went texture hunting too. Finally did a Firefly Production render using just Mike with Guillam, Neftis Curly Hair for Mike P5 (great product) and the volume light cone. Took 20 mintues, but the end result was beautiful. I did get Dynamic Clothing to work, but there are no pants for Don, just shorts. I did grow hair on Mike (actually it looked pretty good, except for the receeding hairline). Am I impressed by everything? The word is overwhelmed. When I finally figure it all out, it'll be wonderful. I've been wondering why people haven't been posting P5 images, now I know - BIG learning curve. Am I dissappointed? Yes. The response/render time of the product is SO much worse than P4. Will I give it up and b*tch and moan. Nope. Well, I won't give it up. I think its still well worth the money I paid. I am glad I got Neftis' hair though. It really helped me understand the hair room. I'm sure CL will come out with a fix in the next month or so for response and misc problems (Don's left shoulder). And the tutorials I expect to start seeing will help a lot.