Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Names for the P5 Render engine

nerd opened this issue on Sep 11, 2002 ยท 25 posts

jjsemp posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 11:36 PM

Just for the record -- I'm a big fan (and frequent buyer) of Nerd and his stuff, so I have nothing against Nerd. And I'm all for complaining when I think a company is trying to con a buyer -- I'm the guy who's still on Daz's case for not telling people upfront that Mike and Vicky are not fully compatable with MIMIC. And I'll be the first to complain if it's proven that P5 doesn't work. But so far, for me, the program has been pretty well-behaved. I just think we need to give it a little breathing room. Dave-So, I did initially have problem with Poser 5 locking up on my Windows XP machine. I couldn't get past the startup until I removed Zonealarm (and disconnected it from the Internet, naturally). Then it seemed to work better. I've tested it out on my three different machines. The other two are ATHLON XP-1600 and 1800, 512 meg, both using Windows 2000. It seems to like Windows 2000 more than Windows XP. I've had more than a few crashes on the Win XP machine (AMD Duron 900 with 512 meg). Don't know if that has to do with XP or the slower CPU. Haven't registered yet. I figure if Curious Labs is giving us a trial period, I'll use it as just that -- a TRIAL period. It cuts both ways. If I'm not satisfied, I WILL send it back. But I do believe we have to give it a chance. --jjsemp