Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Names for the P5 Render engine

nerd opened this issue on Sep 11, 2002 ยท 25 posts

casamerica posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 4:55 PM

My statement was in response to the remark that we were being granted some sort of "trial period." We are not. Whatever we get as far as refunds will be at the mercy of Curious Labs and the good hearts of the people there... and they are good people. I may be as disappointed and frustrated with Poser 5 at the moment as I am with the Chicago Cubs, but I do know that the PEOPLE of Curious Labs are good people. I am just saying let us not work under the illusion that CL has given us some sort of special dispensation. >>>P.S. My vote for a new name for the renderer is "New Possibilities."<<< Well, when I do get the program to render with Firefly, I have yet to see anything that awes me beyond what could have been done with the P4 renderer. However, there are new tools that I have yet been able to play with since I am spending most of my time watching my machine reboot. My final verdict will not come for some time. I expect to see the first patches from CL within days. If not, further disappointment. Once the bugs, yes they are bugs, are figured out and stamped out, then we will see what it can do. Until then, you have an awful lot of people watching their machines reboot. casamerica