Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ummmm..Curious Labs, might want to take a look at this...

VAIRESH opened this issue on Sep 12, 2002 ยท 51 posts

DragonWalk posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 7:50 PM

Think about it....this is NOT good for business either...folks come here...get all excited about Poser 5...."OH...I am gonna buy that!!"...then see this post....how much ya wanna bet at least half will now think twice about "buying" it.... ....nevermind that....with all the bug spouting around here these last few days...many folks may even say...well shit...why pay for a buggy program...I am gonna "try" it first....and how many of "those" SURVEYORS will then actually decide to trash their "crack" and REALLY buy it....huh?? Look...these are POSSIBLE scenarios....because they HAPPEN....and NO...NOT EVERYONE knows about these places...you would be surprised how many find out about them right here...on these forums...everytime folks start telling the world in these threads exactly what is out there and where....poser was NOT even near as popular till folks started complaining about how "free" everything is... I know you mean well Vairesh...I am not knocking your intentions...but this is all something to consider also... Incidently...I go to college....most college kids can't afford squat....but guess what...they hang out in forums galore and chat rooms...like these one's...and do I have to tell you the rest...??.....do I....?? Not you or I or anyone can do anything about this except go "bad...bad...naughty...naughty"...tsk...tsk...which will result in nothing but a spit in the face or worse...cause they don't give a shittin' blahooey...they figure they are immune...I know the attitude cause I hear about it all the time...and then we get the high school kids...don't even go there...if many of them don't even "buy" their computers...or other stuff...why on earth would they buy the software....my school alone got ripped off of thousands of dollars of equipment last break...ripped the friggen cables right out of the wall...now we have to all have security cards to get in anywhere...anytime...pretty disgusting huh...pain in the butt!...and who pays again...?? These cards are not only inconvenient....they cost money! To many of these folks that look for this stuff...this is all a game...they actually don't even use it....or do anything with it...it's the THRILL of getting it free that matters!!....like some silly treasure hunt or quest game in nintendo... Art...artwork....creations...another thing...wanna know how many have tried handing in work they get from these kinda places as their own??....it happens!! Hahaha...the intructors are not daft...they know....thank goodness...FAIL!!!! But how many schools are there....everywhere...??? And then let's discuss all the other folks who are not in school at all.... It's not just poser stuff..or 3D art...flash sites are copied constantly and re-used...flash is popular...ever wonder WHY so many flash sites look almost the same...and websites...quicktime...sounds...bla...bla...bla... And hey...look...if for example you tell enough folks how easy it is to steal a car in a certain place or area....wanna know how many folks will be there a stealin'...just for the thrill even??....nevermind all the rubberkneckers as well...watchin' and eatin' popcorn... If you tell a bunch of kids about a new nifty bar that they can't get into....how many do you think will go outta their way to try....anyways...???...and keep tryin'...?? Maybe Curiouslabs might have just as well stuck one of them thar car alarms on each poser pack that screams...RAPE...RAPE or FIRE...FIRE...because they don't do much more than aggravate the folks that actually BUY the cars either...the thugs just laugh...I had my car broke into once...thug left BLOOD all over the friggen car cause he/she cut himself real bad...I figured I had eveidence...fresh BLOOD!! Cop just chuckled when he showed up four hours later....and on top of that he raised hell on me for taking up his time away from stuff he should be doing...this report was useless...blood didn't matter...told me to call my insurance...and left...blech!! Now if you happen to find a NEST of "crackers"....maybe THAT would actually have more merit than a crack...yup...too late... Oh....and by the ways...cracks and dongles....they ATTRACT rather than retract...cause a treasure with a LOCK is always more interesting/enticing than one without one...it's a "challenge"...and usually if it has a key it means there is a surprise inside worthwhile...and something to BRAG about getting free...even if it isn't used... Take care.