Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

WiNC posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 3:29 AM

Dear Josh, We believe we have made a fair conclusion off what Steve Cooper has said in the other thread. I have asked for confirmation and have not seen any from Steve (and my confirmation happened pretty much right after her made the first reply). This is typical of the type of behaviour from Curious Labs, they will state something, give indication that something will me "made clear" later on, and usually we don't know about it until it becomes final. Again his quote was that the Dongle was going to be used "in conjunction" with the present system. In my book "in conjunction" means at the same time, with something else, not without the other! Therefore our assumption is a fair and valid concern that they will use a Hardware Dongle key for the Challenge Code instead of the harddrive. However, if this is the case, this does NOT bring to question some our other concerns about what happens if CL close their doors, or regarding forced registration, or people who have no internet and are not in United States. Though this type of security protection is better then getting the Challenge Code form the harddrive, it is still not a good system which we can agree on. So - though this petition might be for nothing - we still feel that this petition is just, because of past actions of Curious Labs to just introduce something without concern for the interests of their customers (ie the present security system) we believe this petition warrants being used. We would rather our voices be heard now - instead of after they inforce something else which will be just as intrusive against their clients. Since you responded to the partition I take it you are in agreement that the present security system needs to be removed for something different? If not - I suggest you state so. Yours Sincerly, WiNC