Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

ookami posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 9:21 AM

Consider me signed up.

I use Poser on two machines. In order to be legitimate... and transport my Runtime library, I keep it on a REMOVABLE hard drive. I switch the removable hard drive between my work PC and my home PC everyday.

There is NO WAY to do this with Poser 5 because of the idiotic "protection", which I read in a previous post has already been hacked. I own Photoshop and Adobe Pagemager, which are on the SAME drive and which BOTH cost more than Poser 5. Yet, NEITHER of them have a ridiculous "protection" scheme.

Come on Curious Labs, I have supported Poser since Poser 1. I've been through THREE owners so far. And now you want me to put up with this CRAP?! I respect your talent and obvious intelligence... but for good old fashioned "smarts".... you are SADLY lacking. All you've really done (apparently from the post showing a cracked version on Kazaa) is annoy the hell out of (formerly?) loyal customers like me who are your bread and butter!

It's time to wake up, smell the coffee and get your collective asses in gear and fix this MISTAKE! Sure... you've invested money in the copy protection scheme and hate to throw it out. Guess what... SUCK IT UP. It's not worth alienating your loyal customers. Why?! Because it's 500% harder to get a NEW customer, than it is to keep an existing customer.... and that's straight from Sales 101. Existing customers are low maintenace comparatively speaking... but you slap us in the face... or in this case, kick us in the balls, and guess what... we're not going to be your customers anymore.

You strategy might have worked in the days of the Commodore 64, when people of like mind couldn't easily band together. But this forum is a forum of like minded INDIVIDUALS. And what's more... we're artists.... who tend to be not only opiniated and very quick to defend our personal freedoms (or what we perceive as our freedoms), but very stubborn in our opinions and steadfast in our defense of our freedoms since there is always from critique and authority figure trying to wrestle them from us.

And while we might expect this type of invasion scheme from some mega-giant like Microsoft, aloof in their ivory towers, - cut off from its users...

We weren't expecting this from our FRIENDS at Curious Labs. Friends we have supported, talked to and worked with for years. It feels as if we have been betrayed.

So I'll part with a quote from Shakespeare's Julius Caeser, oh betrayer of our trust.

"Et tu, Brute!"