Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

fdw posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 9:55 AM

Well I understand about authorization codes and dongle, I have owned 3-D studio max r1 up to r4. Now let's talk about something that had happened to me. Basically I have replaced by hardware many times, with 3-D studio max r3, once you receive a authorization code the software views, the hardware lock for protection to the software. However at one point the hardware dongle had gone bad which let me without max. Had to contact the company for a replacement. However that was lots of wasted time trying to get a replacement. CL is using the same as 3-D studio max r4 for protection to their software, what a joke. And let's talk about computer crashes, I had a major meltdown of my graphics machine, had to replace some hardware, which required me to reinstall and call up the authorization for max in order to get a new authorization code. What a pain. The treat you like you have a stolen copy. Which also required me to re-authorize all my plug-in's for max, what a major pain. Was max cracked. 3-D studio max r4, the same as CL which was cracked. An aversion for 3-D studio r3 was also cracked. I purchase all my software I use, Adobe 6 to 7, all versions of 3-D studio max from r.1 to r.4, poser 4 to 5. However I believe that CL is making a very big mistake, are they at the same level as 3-D studio max, I do not believe they are. Besides as many problems with their software they have just added one more. I wish I would've known about this authorization before I purchased poser 5, because I would not have purchased it at all. Actually I believe poser 4 is the application I will be using the most. However, I do believe they have shot themselves in the foot. I will not be buying anymore products from CL in the future. And I will be looking for a cracked to their poser 5, software to get around this registration problem. Because of all problems that I have had using max I do not need more. Contacting to get authorization for all my products that I own. fdw