Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

Ironbear posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 10:41 AM

No hardware dongle. No. Dongles don't work either... people crack them. And as a techie, for my workstation clinets, I've spent way too many billable hours trying to troubleshoot system problems that direclty trace to: A) The dongle won't accept their legit installation and serial # and let the program boot, B) the dongle is screwing up the serial or parallel port and not letting periperals work, or C) the dongle is interfering iwth peripherals such as mice and trackballs or graphics tablets not even attached to that port. All usb dongles do is move the problem to a usb port, and with the proliferation of usb devices, that's not a good thing. Phone calls to Autodesk and/or Discreet seldom turn up a good solution. I'm not going to sign. My vote is simple: Customer buys software. Customer inputs serial # from software they paid for. Customer is off and running. CuriousLAbs accepts that software piracy is a fact of doing business and deals with it.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"