Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

Allen9 posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 5:24 PM

[[Part of what worries me is that since Microsoft XP, everyone seems to be trying to use this sytem. Imagine if other products were like this.]] REMEMBER, Microsoft's GOAL is to eventually have ALL windows software on a pay-by-the-month system which REQUIRES you to connect to M$ for 'authorization' EVERY time you boot up (and if you do not pay them, they can CUT OFF your access to all your own files by remotely disallowing use of their operating system). *** I have had endless trouble with dongles, including one software item I used a lot but the company dropped support for that version and then the dongle went bad and their attitude was "tough shit. Well, now you have the opportunity to upgrade to our newer product" I didn't want their damn newer, MUCH more expensive version which had in fact DROPPED several functions from the earlier version which I used a lot. THere are too many issues with this whole system. I'd need far more room and time than there is here to go into my whole feelings on it. I have stated many of them elsewhere. I hereby SIGN!