Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If CL's new security measures for Poser 5 bother you consider this...

farang opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 28 posts

jval posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 6:08 PM

wdupre, I understand what you are saying and can't even say I disagree. Indeed I have expressed my sympathies towards CL's dilemma elsewhere. But I have reached that cantankerous age were I am no longer willing to be unduly inconvenienced. As long as I have alternatives I will take them and abandoning Poser is one of them. There are other ways to express creativity. Even the retail checkpoint system is dubious in effectiveness. I frequently purchase DVDs and CDs. For some reason their security tags are often not properly disabled after payment. As a result, I often trigger other retailers alarm systems. When this happens the staff is usually busy as I tend to shop on weekends. I am told I must wait until my bags are checked. In return I tell them "No. I am offering you the courtesy of letting you examine my bags. Do so immediately for I will not await your convenience. If you do not, I am leaving now and you may call the police." I have yet to be challenged and usually my bags are not examined. I am not even sure that your store's checkpoint system is a fair analogy. While you may indeed inconvenience your customer you only do so once during the purchase. CL's copy protection has the potential to do so again and again and again... I believe the people at CL to be friendly, courteous and as honest as one can be in business. But their business problems are theirs, not mine. One of those problems is to convince potential customers that copy protection is warranted. I remain unconvinced. No accusation, no slander, no innunedo. Just simple disagreement and retaining control of how I spend my money. That's not a problem... at least for me. - Jack (hmmm... just realized some of the above is not addressed to you but other comments in this thread.)