Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If CL's new security measures for Poser 5 bother you consider this...

farang opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 28 posts

PoserStyle posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:48 PM

I've read a lot of threads the last days and here's my 2 cents : - copy protection : Does CL treat its customers as thieves ? I don' think so, but we have to consider the facts that some customers are. How do you think Daz models are available for warez Because "legal" customers distributed them. I experienced it myself, and I was surprised at how few people are aware of small business involved in Poser. From merchants sites to bigger sized societies like Curious Labs or Daz, they're not that big. Even if I consider warez copies aren't lost sales, they affect the future of any business. It such a protection good ? No, it will be cracked, but copies done to friends-family-"put anything you want here :)" will slow down and allow CL to have 2 or 3 months while they'll be able to earn some cash and be rewarded for their work. - bugs : any software has bugs. But I hate what is hapening in the industry, especially video games. The same game on PC and GameCube will be different. One will work perfectly or the other one will need 6 patches until he's able to run smoothly. Because GameCube doesn't allow you to install a patch, the work is finished. Law should force software companies to deliver working software ( even if a patch or two can be considered in the future, but it's not correct to sell something that is not finished ). Happy Boeing or Airbus do not think the same :) But I think nobody has really seen how hard Poser5 release has been. PPP helped them get some money, but I'm pretty sure P5 could'nt have been released some months later. - Mike-Vicky and P5 : so bad they aren't supported. Daz helped Poser establish itself as a good piece of software with their Millenium figures. That's really a bad point for P5, since a lot of people invested time and money on these models. - FireFly renderer : I'm sure some "bugs" are due to people mistakes ( not all of them of course ). Materials now work as Multi/Sub Materials and really need more attention to how you organize them ( see them as document folders and layers in photoshop ). And a composite raytracing engine ( mixing raytracing and scanline ) needs more tweaking too. For those interested, I think Face Room is based on "3D Me Now" technology ( quite sure since it's was part of my wishlists with screens and pictures :) but don't take that at a face value. So now, I'm just sitting and waiting for my copy :D N-B : French users should look at www.3dvf.com website. Tekila is looking for a Poser expert with some 3DSMax knowledge. May interest some of you :)