Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CL. Courtesy Status Report Please

PabloS opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 108 posts

Questor posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 7:03 PM

Casamerica OK, at least we both know we aren't picking on each other. That's good. :) The fact that Curious Labs comes here can be taken several ways. They're too lazy and cheap to run their own forum - company size is irrelevant, other small ones do it. OR, they prefer to have somewhere they can run away from where they need take no responsibility whatsoever for what is said. (or both) Or, it could be as you say, they're just nice and making the exception. Personally I'm not sure which, if any, the real reason is. Public Relations springs to mind as a preference. The royal "speak with the people" sort of thing. So, yes, Curious Labs are unique in coming to the Poser forums. Probably because it's for their software. But they aren't unique in this action. Others do it too, just not in "Poser" forums. :) Sorry to berate the subject but while I respect them for "facing the public" I don't respect them for being unique where they aren't. I have more respect for a company that hosts it's own forums and takes the heat for their products there, under their own roof and not fobbing off the responsibility for policing on other unrelated and unpaid people. (unpaid being "not CL salary") Curious do make the effort to come here yes, should they be praised for it? Dunno. Should they be called unique for it? Hell no. I don't consider Poser forums as the end of city limits and just because Bill Gates doesn't visit here because some people use Windows doesn't mean diddly. Same with McNeel, Maxon, Avid, Alias, Newtek and all the others who's tools are used in the production of Poser items. It's not a related forum for their software, I wouldn't expect to see them here. They don't all come to Renderosity? Well, as I said above, it's not the centre of the universe. I know the owners would like it to be, but it isn't. In fact I'd be very surprised if even 1/10th of the other companies had even heard of the place. ScottA: I never play(ed) cowboys and indians, my parents instilled in me a devout hatred of genocide which kind of spoiled the game. Software? I answered that further up. The answer sticks. This isn't the thread or the forum.