Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ offers hope

sparkel opened this issue on Sep 14, 2002 ยท 33 posts

sparkel posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:31 AM

Well! But for one sour apple, I got a pretty good discussion going here... ;) But I do want to clairify... I WANT a Poser that will EXPORT like P4 does now.. what good are new characters to me if the mesh is a "foreign language" to Vue and Bryce? The humans are one thing, the clothing is another, the materials are another, the hair seems to be another.. all things that Vue and Bryce NEED to READ properly..and that will perhaps take a lot of work for CL to create a recognizable format for them.. OR are they going to let e-on and Corel do that?? I have not seen anything from CL on this very issue, and it is central to what poser IS.. a place to create, pose and EXPORT characters out to other software to use in scenes! Why on earth was this issue not taken care of before release?? This does not inspire confidence!! E-on already worked so hard to get Vue 4 to read Poser 4's pz3s... a great new, useful thing!!! Will they start again with this new stuff?? Corel certainly won't! jjsemp- your image, his shirt, is amazing! But is this a permanent textured shirt now? Can it be used on the figure outside of P5? I would get a little more excited about p5 if some of these things seemed to be possible...(and where are the eyelashes of all the P5 figures?? isn't that the oddest thing to have been left out?) I just thought that if DAZ would be competative in some way perhaps CL would not take our $$ before the product is finished, like Metacreations has done to all of us for years!!! It is SO not fair to take advantage of such loyal followers! I suppose I will make more people mad now.. so I will just go away and be quite now. Sara