Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I'm Not Real Thrilled With Poser 5 :-(

sharwebb opened this issue on Sep 15, 2002 ยท 30 posts

leather-guy posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:10 AM

I used to get similar errors constantly when I used 98. Problem was that OS wasn't capable of protecting itself from having critical DLL's overwritten by nearly any program installation that tried. The errors were reduced tremendously by updating to 98SE, and running the "hidden utility" SFC (system file checker) weekly to keep abreast of such vagarities. I don't think SFC was present until 98SE. Running the latest Norton SystemWorks might help. Updating to XP last year eliminated any exception errors since. I think I had similar Poser interface problems a couple of times back when I had 98, but they pretty much vanished when I realized I should start maintaining my OS myself. Poser 5's requirements list compatibility with Win98 according to the box; Perhaps you could visit MicroSoft's Windows update site for 98 or running some diagnostics to see if your copy is healthy and up to date. Not saying it's not really a problem in P5, but I'd look elsewhere first for the source of this particular problem. Good luck tracking it down. Jerry