Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Mimic and P5, does it work?

EricofSD opened this issue on Sep 14, 2002 ยท 22 posts

Redfern posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 5:24 AM

I'm guessing you might be aware that LIPSinc was liquidated (or whatever the proper term) only a month ago. DAZ3D bought Mimic "lock, stock and barrel." As I understand the terms, DAZ has the legal right to reverse engineer the code. Considering the drastic price drop for Mimic, my suspicions tell me DAZ is probably developing a more enhanced version. The following is just theory, or maybe just wishful thinking. I have no facts upon which to base these ideas, so please don't take these pondering as any official statement of purpose. 1) They might make this newer version available for both Windows and Mac. Most of their items are offered for both platforms. 2) Rather than just simple check boxes for including various supplimentary motions such as brow archings and eye blinks, why not variable rates controlled by dials, sliders or numeric input fields? 3) Controls for general emotional states would be fascinating. Better yet, why not tools to change the emotions during the speech? 4) Options to select whether the charcter to be used is a Poser 4 character or a DAZ creation would eliminate the problems of compatibility. Such additions may make the application nearly as complicated as just manually adding keyframe adjustments, but I feel DAZ would not have bought Mimic if they didn't have any thoughts for improving it. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!