Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ offers hope

sparkel opened this issue on Sep 14, 2002 ยท 33 posts

Spit posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 7:18 AM

Harv...I'm sure once people really learn it the Firefly renderer will prove its worth. But to tell us we will no longer NEED to export to render in another application is unfair. We may not NEED to but we certainly may WANT to. Please don't assume that all we want in our renders is what Poser/firefly can give us. Believe it or not for some of us Poser figures are only INCIDENTAL to our work. We still need to export. Not all of us are into top heavy babes and temples and closeups with expensive texture maps with fancy makeup. I am sooo disappointed that the exporting bugs in ProPack are now in Poser 5. The hair doesn't concern me personally, and I think the cloth stuff as props may be fine. I am a little worried about materials you make from scratch within Poser. It seems Poser won't create a UVMapped texture from its own materials like ZBrush does. Or am I wrong on that? There certainly may be times where I will render solely in Poser...but not for everything. So the interface with the outside world is still very important.