Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ offers hope

sparkel opened this issue on Sep 14, 2002 ยท 33 posts

melanie posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:52 PM

I have to say that I'm really surprised that no one has come out with another character creating program like Poser yet. After all, we have several landscaping programs, such as Bryce, Vue, World Builder, World Construction Kit, Terragen, etc. Why is there only one program that is dedicated solely to figure posing and rendering? I would welcome other programs and I would still use them all, as I use the other landscape programs. There's room in the world for more than one. I haven't bought Poser 5 yet for a variety of reasons, but especially since I've seen some of the renders that are beginning to show up, I'm just not impressed enough with them. I personally can't see much of a difference in the quality of the renders vs. those of Poser 4. And the stock figures, Don and Judy, et al, are as ugly as Dork and Dorkette in P4. I would still be using the Millennium figures exclusively, even if I had P5. It would be nice to see other choices on the market besides just one Poser-type program. Melanie