Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hair room fiasco--I'm about to give up

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 15, 2002 ยท 23 posts

Dave-So posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 10:58 PM

Kiera...thanks for the questions :) not consistent at all...but happens enough to be real frustrating. It seems like a memory problem to me as it gets worse as more hair is added...its as if the screen cannot refresh prior to a room change...it also happens for instance if I'm in the style box, then try to close it, the screen does not close...well it closes, but remains on the screen...it is no longer active. Then, if you attempt to edit another group, another window opens, but the original is still there...of course this causes all kinds of malcontent :)....then its save and restart poser. As far as running other stuff--nothing at all....if I do CTRL-ALT-DELETE...there are actually quite a few things in there, but they are not using any CPU cycles---system resources are 0% for these items, 100% for Poser. Reboot---often...not every time it hangs like this, but often enough...it does not seem to help Windows 2000 compatibility mode---no, that's the first time I've heard of this. I'm running XP...is it in there ???

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854