Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

jval posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 11:25 PM

...Ironic? Not really - I find it to be the only answer to what I consider... ...I don't see it as encouraging anything at all, but let's assume it does. ... What you say is painfully, reduntantly obvious- except that I wasn't talking about protection, its effectiveness or purpose. The fact is that copy protection is intended to reduce or eliminate an illegal activity. In the hypothetical event that CL goes bankrupt legitimate users will need to crack P5 in order to continue using if they follow your suggestion. Regardless of necessity this would also be an illegal activity. In other words, it would be the direct result of a scheme intended to produce the opposite effect. That is ironic. In fact, it is hilarious. ...I also find it a hypocrisy to say in the same post "it's already been cracked!" and "what if you go out of business". While these words may have appeared within my post I did not say them. They formed a direct quotation of your words. Next time you accuse me of hypocrisy I would appreciate it if you first attempt to get your facts straight. - Jack