Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

ankhhehisi posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 2:00 PM

sigh In a way, I am glad I would have to buy a new machine to use P5. It makes it eaier to not want it! I want XP, I want P5. But, I want to know whats mine is mine. So, no XP, no P5. Somewhere along the line, the idea of ownership got skewed. Let me clarify; if I buy somthing its MINE. To use, resell, abuse, burn, ignore, reload or whatever. Any other notion of ownership is absurd. P5's system amounts to a limited lease on the software. I will gladly register my software, I will not rent software. I will not let anyone use my resourses, or tell me how or when I can do anything with my belongings. Adobe has dozens of programs out, makes tons of money, and seems to be quite happy with a reg number. They must lose millions to thieves. They spend their money on software, not security. Good plan. CL released a beta (by the looks of the bug reports) at a price that would make Adobe blush. And then tells me what I am going to do with what is mine? BAH! They spent money on USELESS security (the warez monkeys broke XP before it was offically released, for god's sake!!) and forgot the software. Opps. smiles I will keep plugging away in P4, and be happy I don't have to wonder who is watching me do everything.