Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Partition against present Poser 5 Activation Security System:

WiNC opened this issue on Sep 13, 2002 ยท 119 posts

soulhuntre posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 6:05 PM

jval - "...I also find it a hypocrisy to say in the same post "it's already been cracked!" and "what if you go out of business".

While these words may have appeared within my post I did not say them. They formed a direct quotation of your words. Next time you accuse me of hypocrisy I would appreciate it if you first attempt to get your facts straight."

Actually my comment referred directly to the points raised in the "petition" itself. YOU were not accused.

jval - "The fact is that copy protection is intended to reduce or eliminate an illegal activity."

Well, to be technically correct the protection is intended to increase sales. Something it could do even if it was not effective. But yes, ON THE WHOLE it is supposed to reduce piracy...a nd it loosk liek it is.

WiNC - "3) To some people a hobby is sometimes a very important aspect of their lives. It is rude to just flush their feelings and hobby away with a statement of unimportance. Just because it isn't valuable data, does not make the program any less important."

Of course hobbies are important, and users should weigh the risks.

JHoagland - "(Two computers, 2 copies of Poser, possibly running at the same time.)"

That would be a violation of the EULA (running at the same time) and a valid thing for CL to prevent if it chooses.