Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 Cloth Room

Nebula opened this issue on Sep 17, 2002 ยท 17 posts

Entropic posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 5:47 PM

Btw, a good reason to have functioning frames after the "Drape Frames" is for variety. With dynamics you have to deal with relinquishing control to an extent. You can give it the numbers, but the outcome may very every time you run the simulation. The reason I've been running 30 standard frames was to give me a number of outcomes from which to select my "moment" for the still image. I find that calculating 30 frames only takes a small amount of time more than calculating one, and potentially saves me from the frustration of repeatedly running the same simulation to get a more desirable result. Kiera recently pointed out to me that I can shave considerably more time calculating by displaying in wireframe mode. I'm sure there are numerous other tricks like this one and that soon my POS Celeron 600MHz, 384 Mb SDRAM with Win ME will rule ass. If I can run the calc's on 30 frames, 30 drape frames, wind, gravity, and cloth for my tutorial in 58 minutes, then most people here who run Poser on much more powerful equipment should do even better. Don't get discouraged... We're adding forces over time to the equation, and once our minds change to accomodate the new rules, the results will be astounding. Paul