Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My Stance on Poser 5

Disciple3d opened this issue on Sep 17, 2002 ยท 89 posts

JHoagland posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 7:11 PM

alot of artwork in this place is pretty deceptive especially in the poser galleries . yu only need to ask some of the more popular artist here . about the amount of postwork they have to do This is a good point that no one seems to have brought up. If you took a poll of the all the "greatest" Poser artists, how many of them actually render the scene in Poser? ("The P4 render engine blows!") Yep, they would respond by saying that they make their figures in Poser and then export the scene to Lightwave, Vue, or 3D Studio Max... programs that have excellent render engines. This is the way these artists work. So, why did CL put so much time, energy, and money into a new render engine that isn't even close to Lightwave or Vue? Just something to think about. I've just bought some new fae to play with Just make sure that Fae is based on a P4 or Vicky character- as far as I can see, the P5 female doesn't have any full-body morphs. Maybe they are really there and I'm missing it, but it seems like Vicky 2 is much more advanced than the "upgraded" default Poser figure. I was actually hoping for the P5 figures to be comparable to Vicky & Mike 3. Oh, well. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions