Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My Stance on Poser 5

Disciple3d opened this issue on Sep 17, 2002 ยท 89 posts

DTHUREGRIF posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 3:57 PM

ron says: {Brent You can do the same thing in the face room on Vick or Mike with morph putty. } Except take a photograph and make a matching morph. That to me is the functionality of the Face Room that most people are after. To be fair, CL did state that it will only work on the P5 figures in these forums, but they don't state it in their sales literature. Based on what we saw of the cost of having a character made 'face room ready" ($30,000 per figure in case you missed it), I doubt that DAZ, DSI or any other modeler will be able to afford to do it for their figures. Jeff, says: {My sole purpose in this forum is to help people learn poser..all versions of it. I don't moderate.} Then why are you listed as a moderator of this forum? You can help people as a member. There isn't anything wrong with people expressing there concerns, even their gripes about Poser 5 in these forums. That's the purpose of these forums. Communication about the programs. Potential customers are free to make their own decisions based on what people are saying, good and bad. Most rational people are going to toss out comments by the rabid supporters AND the rabid detractors and listen to the people in the middle. Many of them will admit that there are things they like and things they don't like about the program. Don't assume that because someone expresses dissatisfaction that they are merely a whiner and are trying to bash Curious Labs. If everybody keeps silent, Curious Labs will think they have nothing to fix and then wonder why people aren't buying. It really is to their benefit to hear everything people are thinking. They couldn't ask for better market research. And it's free for them!