Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Problem with Product

Hisminky opened this issue on Sep 16, 2002 ยท 69 posts

ronmolina posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 8:22 AM

Please understand I am here to help you solve your problem. I retested now a third time by trying it on another computer I have Poser installed on and it worked. Someone else will also be testing it on their computer. The reason I say it is not a path problem is because, when it comes to a texture Poser does not care about the path because it searches for the texture as long as it is under the Runtime folder. A geometry file is much different as Poser will not search for it and it must be in the proper runtime folder. No testers here, or at any other site that I am aware of, opens pp2, cr2 or pz3 files to look at the paths. Testers load the product to see if it works. If not then some testers will open the files in a text editor to try and isolate the problem. Just think about it this way. Not all people have there computers setup the same. Some have Poser setup In a Metacreations folder, some under Curious labs, and others in in just a Poser folder. Also some folks have Poser installed on their c drives others on a different drive. For me I have the ProPack setup on my e drive and Poser4 on my f drive. If testers were to start looking at paths, or require merchants to so that they are the same as testers setup most if not all products would fail for this reason. I have no doubts that you are having a problem and will go the extra mile to help you solve it. I believe the problem could very well be the size of the textures. The merchant warns that this could be a problem. Here is a direct quote from the store text and his readme file: "if it not render: the textures are too big for your computer. try to add more virtual memory or downsample textures with picture editing software to 2000x2000 for example." His files are huge and on the nightie consist of 3 textures that are 4000x4000. One bump, one trans map and the texture. It could be that you may have to resample the textures. I would be more than happy to do that for you. Also there could be something unique to you computer and I will be more than happy to change the pp2 files to reflect your exact Poser folder setup. I just kindly request that you send me an e-mail so that we can isolate your problem. Thanks! Ron