Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If you think that Judy is ugly...

drkmo opened this issue on Sep 16, 2002 ยท 33 posts

Lucy_Fur posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 12:13 PM

As a more or less 'natural' person, I find that being able to rub my eyes, scratch at a small tickly area on my chin, rest my cheek upon my husband's shoulder, getting hugs from my kids, eating, drinking, etc are so much more easily and enjoyably done & with much less stress/drama (oh my gawd - you wrecked my make-up!) than if I had spackled on a few layers of color. I also feel better about how my skin can breathe - that it's not being stifled. Give me a break about make-up that lets your skin 'breathe' - it's being coated onto your skin! Once in a while - mayhap only 10 times a year - I will put on more than my 'usual' amount of make-up (which is normally just eyeliner on my upper lids) and I can't remember the last time I went full bore with the foundation, concealer, tweezers, lash curler, etc.......high school, I think....... One reason I think Vicky and her renditions are made so beautiful for the most part - because we do not have a real world interaction with her - she can't impress us with her personality and intelligence and goofy quirks and stories of her past. The things we cherish in real people are things we cannot find in her. To be sure, her static images are dressed up with stories, but I really think the bottom line is that our 'value' of her virtual being is that we are able to imbue her with the strength AND beauty that we either wish we had or could see in our lives.