Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: AHHHHH!!!! >>POSER 5 SUCKS!!!!!!!<< LAST STRAW.........

timoteo1 opened this issue on Sep 20, 2002 ยท 138 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 10:13 PM

The cure to 90% of Poser's problems can prolly be fixed right here - go to it: www.python.org For the right price, I'll code the script myself (and I ain't cheap, either.) Otherwise, you may as well get to it, becuase 1) I don't got P5 yet, and 2) I prolly won't get around to any serious Python stuff until I have time to learn what changes have been made to P5, and how I can adapt my Python skills in Linux to Python skills in Win32/Poser (not sure how Macs handle it...) Personally - Poser has the best bang for the buck, period. If you want Animation Heaven with all the trimmings, then go get Messiah, Maya, or some other zillion-dollar proggie. Otherwise, either you can contribute code (the means are certainly there to do it), pay someone to write the code for you, or you can demand a refund. Not all that hard, is it? Y'know, Tim? Paul wants to coddle you... cool. (/me waves at Paul!) Me, I get paid to be patient and tolerant whilst educating the ignorant, ego- and pride-hampered, and/or the obstinate. Therefore, being a perfect bastard in the face of such things whilst off-duty comes rather natural to me, so in the spirit of the posts you have complained in, do bear with me. You want a zillion levels of Undo, great - Python can most likely plug into the UI dots and run a parallel undo tree...go write the script, kiddo. The 999 frame limit? same-same - get Python to double the counter - because here's an industrial-sized clue: No one is going to do it for you, no matter how big of a temper tantrum you throw! IOW: You have three choices in this natural world: 1) solve the problem yourself (yes, the tools are there.) 2) wait for CL to do it for you 3) go buy a real animation proggie or wait for one in your price range. ...and no amount of foot-stomping and screaming will change that. So... which is it? (incidentally, has anyone tried solving it by using the python walk scripts found at Poser ++?) /P