Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: AHHHHH!!!! >>POSER 5 SUCKS!!!!!!!<< LAST STRAW.........

timoteo1 opened this issue on Sep 20, 2002 ยท 138 posts

JHoagland posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 12:26 AM

First of all, the interface is XML and SKINNABLE. Wow, this is excellent news! The Walk Designer doesn't work that great, there are no levels of Undo, there is no right-mouse support, and there are numerous "focus" issues but you can change the color of the application. Sorry for the sarcasm, but changing the interface color is just "icing" and "window dressing"- the application itself should work flawlessly before they start working on the ability to "skin" the interface! Hello, some of us are still on Macs and use only one mouse click. Hello, some of us are Windows users, and the last I checked, Poser 5 is a Windows application. That means that it should provide some level of right-mouse support (and possibly center-wheel scrolling). This was made part of "Windows Standards" with Windows 95... SEVEN years ago! If they want Windows users to use a "Mac" application, they should be consistent: don't install a shortcut on the Start Menu, don't write to the Registry, don't use the 3-letter file "extension" (.cr2, .pp2, .pz2), etc. This is actually being discussed in another thread, but it's past time that CL starts to develop Poser as a WINDOWS application. It doesn't matter if was created on an Apple, a Mac, or an IBM, the fact is that it is now running on Windows and it should conform to Windows Standards for User Interface design. I'd much rather have a buggy app than no app at all. NO, NO, NO!!! It is this attitude that encourages companies to release buggy software in the first place. Our attitude (as consumers) should be- NO BUGGY SOFTWARE! If it takes software companies an extra year to remove the bugs and they loses sales, that's their fault. If I receive a buggy program from a big-name company such as CL, will I even bother to get the upgrade? Will I purchase another one of their products, knowing full well that their last product was buggy? But, let's consider this statement: is it better to have a bug in an app that deletes a folder instead of a figure than to not have the app at all? Is it better to be able to switch from the Face Room back to the Pose Room, but have Poser crash (due to a bug) than to not have a Face Room at all? Another point to consider is- how many issues were brought over from P4 that were not corrected? Did CL ever actually claim that they were re-writing the code? Is P5 actually just P4 with some new "bells & whistles"? --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions