Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Unbelievable... Tell me this is a joke

Tisa opened this issue on Sep 21, 2002 ยท 116 posts

dialyn posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 12:29 PM

Haven't we all gotten it by now? Tisa's art is drawing attention to herself. And we've helped give her the attention she wants. I have every confidence that another thread will be started by her or another to provoke more reaction from the community. That's the game. They get to feel superior by trying to set other other people on the defensive. And what is achieved? Well, maybe some useful conversation about the nature of what is or what is not art....and I'm not the one to say Poser is or is not art. It is a tool and the art comes from the person using the tool and not the tool itself. Perhaps some people are thinking more. I am pretty sure that the persona that Tisa presents has ideas locked in concrete so there is no point arguing with her alter ego. Perhaps a better question that the what is art question (which has no answer in a world that provides art awards to a string of blinking Christmas lights and pays thousands of dollars for urinals that could be bought for $75 in a hardware store), but why we care so much. Tisa talks about the light within but I don't think she sees what is going on in the galleries very well at all. The light of creativity and pride is in each poster who takes the time to say through their graphics: "I want to enjoy, I want to create, I want to have the ability to share my vision, and I celebrate the fact that someone has finally given me the tools to do what I could not do before." Poser is cooperative in nature....many hands creating each graphic. I don't see anything nonartistic in that. Leonardo da Vinci, among other great artists through time, had apprentices and helpers who worked on his masterworks. Ultimately, it is the vision of the person who brings the tools and materials and the vision together that creates the point of view of the graphic. Is that art? I don't know. I'm not the expert. I just know I see a lot of creativity on the gallery and I, for one, celebrate that effort.