Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Unbelievable... Tell me this is a joke

Tisa opened this issue on Sep 21, 2002 ยท 116 posts

CyberStretch posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 10:23 PM

"Actually, quite a few do. A substantial amount of photography is involved with table top work for product shots or still life." Not to be argumentative nor try to derail the thread, but I would venture to say that the "majority" (key word) of photographers the world over do not "create" the scenes of which they photograph. In the example of the "table top work for product shots or still life", one could contend that the photographer did not create the table, subject, etc, that they are photographing and, therefore, they did not create the scene. I think that the quoted passage was taken out of context. Bascially, the inclusion of that statement was a direct contrast to the original poster's apparent belief that in order for art to be art, all aspects of that art must have been originally created by the artist. Therefore, to apply that mentality to the specific art of photography, one would say that every "prop" within the photograph would have to have been originally made by the photographer his-/herself in order for it to be considered art. My response is basically refuting that to be the case and attempting to show the original poster that many of the items we consider art have elements within them that were not originally created by the respective artist. To state that the art that is produced is any more or less art than someone else's depiction of art, IMHO, is absurd.