Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: To Poser or Not to Poser

sargebear opened this issue on Sep 23, 2002 ยท 25 posts

lordbyron posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 10:36 AM

Legume, You are, of course, correct in your estimation of human nature; however, P5 aggravates this negative tendency by possessing certain basic problems which are difficult for even those of us who, through loyalty and good will, wish to be magnanimous towards CL and the product. Chief among these basic problems is the edition's myriad problems of stability on even the most common system configurations. I have purchased a number of new and intricate 3d apps which did not crash my system half as much as P5 has. But so as not to fall to far into being a "nattering nabob of negativity" (1st person to identify the reference wins...well only my admiration,) I must admit to being impressed by the potential of some of the new additions to P5--esp. the face and material rooms. But just as with some elegant, novel sportscar, "What good is a Lamborghini's awesome speed if you can't steer it properly ?" Many of us love Poser and wish earnestly to remain loyal to CL, but feel very disappointed with certain basic problems about which CL should be embarrassed, and which should have caused CL to delay its presentation of P5. CL has been true to its customers up to this point (before P5.) I wait with hope that CL will work hard to regain the trust and good will it has so assiduously built up the past serveral years. Though dissappointed, I'm still pulling for them. my few pennies, --lb