Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time to start a war: Recommendations for 3D software to accentuate Poser?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Sep 24, 2002 ยท 32 posts

Poppi posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 7:50 PM

c4d and lightwave look like they have wonderful possibilities. i think we are getting lw at work in the next few months. but, but, but...let's go cheaply, here....Rhino. in my opinion, it is the very best out there, for simply modelling. it is the only one i have tried where you can actually draw what you want your figure to look like....please, those of you who use other apps tell me i am wrong. zbrush....some wonderful texturing build ins. and, easy, easy, easy to create poser morphs with. bryce....even though it is a snail renderer....i have had it since version 2, and, know its effects. it's a good program, many options for the surrounding "picture". there are some free renderers out there....bmrt....i use that with my rhino stuff, but, think the download site is gone. strata 3d has an excellent render engine. there is a free version that is worth d/lding just for the renderer. 3d art is like plug 'n play....you have to figure out what works for you.