Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5...Heaven or Hell

cat3dgrafx opened this issue on Sep 25, 2002 ยท 24 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:51 PM

A little of both, cat3dgrafx. I think that CL released Poser 5 just a bit too soon to weed out all of the "stupid" problems and verify its stability on a wide variety of system configurations. On the other hand, the new renderer, better library handling, materials room, face room, cloth room, dynamic cloth, motion blur, and so forth make it a definite notch up from P4w/PP. With ambition must come some stumbling... The reason that there was harmony and singing angels before the release is that Poser 4 had been used and mastered by many while many bugs were eliminated by patches. So, by Poser 4.03, it was a stable app with tons of add-ons and support software. As with any new major version release, there are always problems, both unforeseen and unfixed. There is a patch for Poser 5 soon to be made available which will be the start of the stabilization. Also, users will start to acclimate to the new features and master it. Would I have pre-ordered knowing the problems to ensue? Oh, yes! Unless the thing was crashing on 95% of the user's systems and taking the OS with it, its current bugs are to be expected. Anyway, the only way for CL to stabilize Poser 5 is to have user feedback in the real world, making fixes by priority, which is exactly how they are going about it. If you must, hold out until the patch release and see what responses are made about its efficacy. Then you'll know if it is worth it. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone