Forum: Writers

Subject: Back Room contest

Crescent opened this issue on Sep 27, 2002 ยท 39 posts

Crescent posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 10:46 AM

I've never like frames, personally. There's several issues with them, including people putting links to the main content and the navagation going missing. I think all browsers now suport frames, but I still think frames are a pain in the butt most of the time. (I have seen some well done ones, but many are not needed.) It's a personal preference, and if someone submits a design idea with frames, I'll gladly post it with the others. :-)

I'm looking at designing the entire back room page, and it should be consistant for every page in the back room. I figured people would enjoy looking at color choices, etc. If you are more comfortable with just making the banner and buttons, submit those and we can decide on the page background color, etc. I'm trying to give everyone as much design opportunity as possible.

I don't have a huge amount of space for the backroom, but text doesn't take up that much space. There will be some stories and poems posted in there (including the winners of the Renderosity Magazine contest and other contests down the road.)

Right now, we've established that this is going to be a coffee shop/book store, but we need to decide on what style of furniture, where to place the expresso machine, where to put the book racks, etc.

SpectreOfDesire has posted a design possibility if people want to check it out. I have some extra space on my personal site so I can host some design choices if people want to package up their files and send them to me. (Please put any image files in a subfolder called images for consistancy.)

Hope this helps, and thanks for all the interest!