Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Posin Solutions - question (Curious Labs might want to see this)

WiNC opened this issue on Oct 01, 2002 ยท 82 posts

Penguinisto posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 9:45 PM

Actually, it is quite legal... all they're selling are renders. (Steve, I gotta ask - is THIS why everyone's rights are sitting in limbo right now? No offense 'mano, but this is very silly... so what if a pack of people whomp out renders and sell it as clip art? The demographic for all of that clip art aren't going to use Poser in a zillion years anyway... you know that, I know that. Also, they apparently haven't sold all that many in spite of it... So what gives?) Their market is most likely the advert/marketing types who can't afford the time and/or cash to learn Poser or any of that "3D Art stuff", but '...by Heaven they can Photoshop!' You use the images as a base, cutting and pasting and blending into layers, to make a scene that could be presented as a single effort, when in reality it is nothing more than a high-tech collage. I do that in Poser with photographic backgrounds now (my own photos, thanks much :) ), as do a lot of folk in the galleries. I dunno how much these guys charge for a CD, but I can see what they were striving for, and I suspect that in terms of time and money, it would be chaper for a marketing type to get the CD and use it like any other clipart. /P